INO's select clientele offers a real hand in its work with manufacturing clients and keeps the organization in tune with the industry. Membership in INO is open to any corporation, company, organization or person interested in promoting and in meeting INO objectives. Members take part in the annual meeting where they revise and adopt the financial statements, and the auditor's report, and they select the corporation's directors in accordance with the General By-laws.
The membership structure is made up of 5 categories, each offering privileges consistent with the fees perceived.
- The Government of Canada and the Government of Québec are ex-officio members
- Large corporations and major research organizations are affiliate members
- Associate members can be found mainly among small and medium-size businesses
- The individuals (individual members)
- The persons who have distinguished themselves by their involvement in INO operations
- (honorary members)
Only government, affiliate and associate members have the right to vote at these meetings.