Most of the time, the lids/windows that come with MEMS packages are barebones. To hermetically assemble the lid to the MEMS package, and get the maximum performance out of a MEMS, hermetic solder layers are necessary.
INO offers hermetic solder layer deposition services for MEMS. Our highly flexible metallization capabilities for hermetic packaging allow us to meet specific requirements. We can deposit metallic thin films on various materials, such as glass, ceramic, silicon, germanium, sapphire, quartz, diamond, and metals.
Our strength: flexible metallization capabilities for package lids and windows – Vacuum seal packaging
- Sputtering metallization process on lids and windows
- Various fluxless soldering seal frame lid materials available from Cr, Ti, Ni, Au
- Soldering seal frame lid customized to specific requirements
- Multi-component level metallization, lids/windows up to 1.5 mm thick
- Large throughput metallization process
- Custom inspection based on specific requirements
- AR-coated windows available
- Non-recurring tooling charge for new lid/window specifications
- Lids/windows individually sealed in clean room bags for shipping
- 1000 clean room FED-209E environment (ISO-6 ; 14644-1)
Nominal specifications of solderable layer deposition:
- Lid/window thickness: 0.2 mm to 1.5 mm
- Lid/windows dimensions: flexible, client specifications
- Soldering frame seal lid width dimensions: 500 µm and up
- Tolerance on frame seal lid width: +/- 7.5%
- Typical lid edge broadening: +/- 10%
- Soldering seal lid thickness: 150 nm to 800 nm
- Typical thickness tapering down: 33% of lid width
- Tolerance on lid maximum thickness: +/- 8%
- Higher precision available on request
Please contact us for more information.